POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : rounded_lsweep, an object macro : Re: rounded_lsweep, an object macro Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:28:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rounded_lsweep, an object macro
From: stbenge
Date: 14 Jul 2010 11:53:29
Message: <4c3ddd79@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> You did it again, Sam! Congratulations and thank you indeed!
>>
>> Something for the Object Collection, no doubt.
>
> The macro does not perform any bounds checking to properly fit the arcs to the
> segments.

To clarify, the arc segments *do* conform to the angles as they should.
But if they are too large they will extend past the arcs from another
corner, so the arc radius will not automatically adjust itself to keep
this from happening... which amounts to you having to give the offending
corner a smaller arc radius. I hope that makes sense. As usual I didn't
express myself properly :(